Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership to find a Quality Manager within a well-established engineering company based in Newport.
The successful candidate oversea and manage the day to day running of the Quality Assurance (QA) function within the Quality Department. The role will also involve the verification of customer requirements against their purchase order requirements. The role will also include the planning and execution of company issued objectives and targets.
- Competitive salary
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.45pm and Friday 8am to 12 midday
- Permanent role with progression opportunities
- 5% Contributory Pension
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Free Parking
- Developing and deploying the quality management system (QMS) ensuring compliance with ISO 9001, Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation 2016 (PEsR) and Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
- Company ISO 9001 representative
- Completing risk assessments
- Management of all company documented information as set per the criteria set in ISO 9001
- Identification and reporting of all risks to the organisation that would affect customer satisfaction and product performance
- Management of the Quality Department and its staff. Including managing and motivating staff against recognised agreed roles and responsibilities
- Liaise with customers and suppliers in line with all quality related subjects
- Supplier Quality Development to ensure company technical and quality specifications are adhered to
- Verification of customer specifications against their purchase order requirements and to ensure all internal quality related documentation can be produced.
- Conformance of Product to all company Engineering and regulatory Standards
- Control of the Non-Conformance Report (NCR), Corrective Actions & Preventative Actions (CAPA) and Customer Complaint Process
- Active role as a lead auditor carrying out internal audits against the audit schedule
- To analyse QMS system data such as NCR, CAPA, Customer Complaint Audit Information, to drive system and product improvement. From this, to reduce system waste/duplication and lost cost against agreed key performance indicators
- Development and promotion of quality techniques within the business. This will also include the development, coaching and mentoring of Quality Department staff members
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is sustained and product standards are adhered to in line with ISO 9001, Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and Pressure Equipment Safety Regulation 2016 (PEsR)
- Be part of the development and promotion of product knowledge
- Ideally mechanical manufacturing or engineering experience within a quality orientated role
- Background as an Internal Auditor/Lead Auditor
- Qualification in Engineering, Level 3 City & Guilds/ NVQ/ HNC/ HND
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001, PEsR and PED
- Qualified or working towards with a recognised Health & Safety Qualification (NEBOSH/IOSH)
- Qualified or working towards IRCA Lead Auditor Qualification
- PED, QMS Policy and framework Awareness
- Health & Safety Environmental Policy knowledge
- VDU Self-Assessment
- ISO 4001
If this role seems ideal for you, please apply immediately as the closing date is Wednesday the 7th of September.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties' interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying. Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency