This is a great opportunity for somebody with excellent technical ability looking to start their career within an editorial environment. My client is a market-leading Information Services consultancy specialising in Tax, Audit, H&S and Employment Law. Through on-the-job coaching and experience, as well as providing training and development, the right candidate will have all the resources to build their career.
The Production Editor is responsible for processing content supplied by internal and external authors. Working closely with the Content teams, the production editor tags the content correctly and checks it thoroughly so that it can be processed efficiently through the publishing systems. The team is looking for an individual who is confident with technology and who can adapt to manipulating content using XML-based editing software in a technical environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities as a Production Editor:
- Use editing software to tag content in line with author/development editor/content manager instructions, ensuring that content can be processed correctly for online publication.
- Check content for spelling, grammar and editorial errors, adhering to the company's house style.
- Monitor the quality of published content to ensure that it has been published as expected.
- Constantly review progress against schedules and prioritise work accordingly, liaising with colleagues as necessary.
- Provide regular feedback to technical editors and editorial & production managers regarding supplied content, to ensure that the editorial approach remains consistent and improvements are put in place as required.
What you bring to the team:
- Strong technical ability.
- Solid language skills with a good eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and constantly adapt to changing demands.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb teamwork and communication.
- Interest in editorial work and publishing.
Please attach cover letter with application.