I am currently recruiting for a Traffic Admin Assistant working for Lincolnshire Police at their headquarters in Nettleham.
This role will be office based and be a temporary role for a minimum of 8 months.
Working within a multi-disciplinary department, maintaining and interrogating computer systems, to quality control the accuracy and validity of information held in accordance with Force Policy, National Guidance and the Data Protection Act 1984. Provide support and assistance within the department ensuring the smooth operation of its core tasks and support operational officers.
CORE WORK AREAS:
- Responsible for inputting, updating, maintenance and quality control of information onto Lincolnshire Police, National and other force computer systems in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Carry out accurate and prompt maintenance of manual and computerised records to ensure the integrity of data held, in line with Lincolnshire Police policies and procedures so that relevant information is readily available and accessible.
- Liaise and work in partnership with but not limited to partner agencies and other police forces to maintain and strengthen the commitment to improve customer service
- Administer process and progress penalty notices, notice of intended prosecution, speed enforcement, records of road collisions including fatal road traffic collision file information, conditional offers and driver (rider) education programmes for Lincolnshire Police, Add - Action and other relevant education courses as appropriate at that time.
- Carry out data input; update, maintain and quality assure case file information held in computerised and manual form and transmitted by the CJS to HMCTS and the CPS in accordance with national and locally agreed standards for quality and timeliness
- Create electronic case files in relation to speed camera and associated offences arising from work generated by the Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership and work generated from Traffic Offence reports and Road Traffic Collisions.
- Generate and issue postal requisitions and produce associated section 9 evidence and distribute by appropriate means to defendants, HMCTS and the CPS in accordance with procedures and policies current at the time.
- Respond to enquiries or correspondence and requests for information from partner agencies, members of the public, solicitors, insurance companies and the motor insurer's bureau as required and provide the appropriate advice, guidance and support as necessary and in accordance with establish protocols.
- Ensure that all associated correspondence is quality assured, recorded and/or updated on appropriate systems/databases within specified time frames. Provide feedback, advice and guidance to officers and supervisors on the quality of case files and content of notices, traffic offence reports and other case file material as appropriate.
- If required attend and give evidence at court.
- Support other units within CJS as required from time to time.
- Assist with training and carry out other duties and administrative tasks including maintenance of data quality, as may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- To work with and demonstrate the values, principles and standards of behaviours expected by the Chief Constable. All staff involved in carrying out functions in this role will do so in accordance with the principles of the Code of Ethics. The aim of the Code of Ethics is to support each member of the policing profession to deliver the highest professional standards in their service to the public.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Police Computer Systems, procedures and working practices - Desirable
- Experience of data input and retrieval and experience of working within an administrative and computerised role - Essential
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and communication skills - Essential
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills - Essential
- Demonstrates the ability to assimilate knowledge of relevant force policies and procedures. - Essential
- Demonstrates the ability to check, collate and analyse information ensuring a high degree of accuracy. Essential
- Experience in dealing and working within a computerised department - Desirable
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy