Reed Talent Solutions are recruiting for Care Assistants to cover shifts in a short break facility for adults with learning disabilities with support plans.
At present, I can confirm the below:
Location- Wigston, LE18
Pay Rate- £10.00 per hour PAYE
Shift times: 07:30 -13:30 or 07:30 - 12:30 or 14:00 - 22:00 or 16:00 - 22:00
- The residents have a wide range of learning disabilities needs so experience working and communication with people with of learning disabilities is essential.
- The Care Assistant will support the residents with a range of activities such as going out for the day, extracurricular activities in the unit such as baking, games, arts, crafts etc.
- The Care Assistants must be able to provide personal care to male and female residents when required.
- The Care Assistants will also be supporting residents at mealtimes, giving drinks, meals and snacks, some domestic tasks washing up, bedding, putting away laundry general cleaning and tidying.
Skills and Training Required:
- A minimum of 1 years care experience working in a social care setting
- Tact, patience, resilience and the ability to cope in difficult situations
- The ability to build good working relationships
- The ability to work in teams with other professionals
- Enhanced DBS is essential for this role.
- Moving and Handling training carried out in the last 12 months
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant experience, please apply with your up to date CV.