DC415 – Internal Sales Engineer / EstimatorLocation – KempstonSalary – £CompetitiveOverview:First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Internal Sales Engineer / Estimator to join their team in Kempston.Reporting to the Sales Office Manager you will be responsible for a range of air ventilation products, acting as a referral point to both colleagues and customers. A key member of the Sales team you will build close relationships with customers and assist in securing new clients. You will respond to technical sales enquiries, producing accurate and competitive quotes and be able to source solutions to meet their needs. You will work closely with the Sales Director to build the Sales Experience and continue to improve levels of professionalism in this growing company.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and interpret both new and existing customer requirements – to understand, anticipate and practically meet their needs.
- Offer customers a product or service that best satisfies their needs in terms of technical specification, quality, price and delivery.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Calculate accurate and competitive sales quotations and prepare tenders, proposals, designs, and technical documents to meet customer deadlines.
- Follow up quotations in a timely manner to secure profitable orders.
- Offer after-sales service and support to develop and grow long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Solve customer problems in terms of technical solutions and design of custom-made products.
- Attend occasional site visits and customer meetings in order to provide technical expertise for your product range.
- Receive and accurately log customer sales enquiries for your product onto our customer database.
- Accurately enter all sales orders onto Sage and raise relevant paperwork for manufacturing.
- Issue a customer acknowledgement and forward with a covering email and any relevant paperwork within two working days.
- Be pro-active in progressing customer orders to completion and respond to customer progress enquiries within expected timescales.
- Be pro-active in notifying customers when there is a change in delivery date, or if there is any potential problem on a sales order.
- Contribute to the company’s first-class customer experience.
- Working for a small SME you will be required to work collaboratively and flexibly to meet the overall needs of the business, as and when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience within a similar role (essential).
- Strong sales background within manufacturing / HVAC (highly desirable).
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (essential).
- Digitally savvy – creative with new solutions and ideas.
- Tenacity, enthusiasm, and determination.
- A strong disposition and professional telephone manner, together with the ability to demonstrate excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills (essential).
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- Other benefits (TBD).