iMultiply are working in partnership with a growing consultancy firm to recruit a Management Accountant based in Edinburgh on a Full or Part - Time basis
This commercial and forward-thinking business have a diverse and interesting portfolio of clients. They are a company that prides itself on its achievements both past and present. This is only possible with the commitment and enthusiasm of the team behind the company name.
The role of Management Accountant has been created to capitalise and build on the business’s recent growth across a range of different products. The role reports directly to the Head of Finance and presents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-growing business with exciting growth plans.
The position would be ideally suited to someone coming from a small to medium-sized Accountancy Practice or SME background. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be passionate about delivering an insightful and valued service.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts, across a specified portfolio of clients.
- Ongoing review of systems and processes, ensuring clients’ work is delivered in the most meaningful and effective way possible.
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT returns.
- Provision of support around the day-to-day transactional data entry process, carried out either by clients’ teams or colleagues.
- Preparation of working papers, ensuring balance sheet control accounts are appropriately reconciled and documenting this appropriately.
- Preparation of appropriate journal entries at period ends to ensure management accounts are meaningful.
- Liaison with external accountants responsible for the production of financial statements and tax returns.
- Engage in new business activities, attending meetings with prospective and existing clients.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- A minimum of 2 years practical finance experience including strong financial analysis
- Ideally, candidates will be studying towards their professional accounting qualification, AAT qualified with the view of starting ACCA or CIMA
- Experience using Xero would be highly advantageous
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role will offer a highly competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 including a full study support package plus an excellent benefits package which includes pension, ample holidays and other great benefits. The offices are easily accessible via public transport with parking available onsite. This role can we worked on a remote basis also with part time candidates also being considered.
"iMultiply is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all employees, workers and applicants. iMultiply will treat everyone equally and will not discriminate on the grounds of an individual's 'protected characteristic’."