- Responsible for quality delivery of skilled nursing care in the home environment.
- Execute the highest standards and techniques for patient care according to physician orders.
- Perform and document supervisory visits for Home Health Aide and LPN according to state / federal regulations.
- Coordinate information to be shared among all members of the health care team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the care rendered to the patient.
- Document patient care accurately and in a timely manner.
- Pt / CG education of disease management and skilled care in home environment.
- Perform clinical assessment of the patient on every visit, identifying problems and taking the appropriate action.
- Reports the patient’s condition and reaction to treatments, drugs and significant incidents to the physician,
- Maintain accurate and up to date patient clinical records; accurate accounting of supply usage; accurate daily visit record of patients, time and mileage
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Currently licensed by the Mississippi Board of Nursing required.
- A minimum of one (1) year full-time experience as a registered nurse required for hospice.
- Current BLS CPR certification required.
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span (neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics) and provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures.