LONG TERM CARE AND REHABILITATION CENTER
About Jefferson Health – New Jersey:
We Improve Lives! Jefferson Health - New Jersey is an integrated healthcare delivery system providing a full continuum of healthcare services, ranging from acute-care hospitals to a broad spectrum of outpatient and wellness programs. We go to great lengths to bring South Jersey the very best, life-changing, life-saving care.
Our Health Care Center in Washington Twp., NJ is seeking Licensed Practical Nurses to join our growing team!
***Enjoy these perks with us at Jefferson!***
- 12 Hour Shifts
- Shift Differential
- Work Every 3rd Weekend
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care to residents/patients, performs treatments and procedures within established guidelines and ensures a safe and therapeutic environment under the direction/supervision of an RN.
- LPN completes the required record keeping in regards to your role in admitting, transferring and discharging residents.
- LPN prepares and administers medications and reviews medication cards for completeness and accuracy.
- The LPN reviews resident care plans for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
- The LPN provides leadership to nursing personnel and makes daily rounds of the unit to ensure staff is providing direct care in accordance with resident's care plan and wishes.
- Develops and maintains rapport with nursing staff, other department personnel, residents, family members, and all other individuals involved in resident's care.
- Successful completion of a nursing program from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license with the New Jersey State Board of Examiners of Nurses as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- BLS certification with the AHA.
- Interpersonal communication skills (both written and oral) required in order to educate and comfort residents/patients and their families, maintain effective contacts with a variety of healthcare personnel and maintain appropriate documentation records.
- Proficiency in developing a patient’s plan of care, implementing effective nursing care and evaluating outcome of nursing interventions.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals in delivery of care.
- Ability to read and communicate in the English language.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson’s clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson’s mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.