Registered Nurse/RN Clinic- Primary Medicine-Waukesha
W231N1440 Corporate Ct
Waukesha, WI 53186
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Hours vary Monday- Friday 7:15-6
Great clinic opportunity to work in primary medicine. Position will allow you to develop relationships with patients over a wide range of ages, great variety, and work within a fast paced, team focused setting. Activities to be expected but not limited to rooming patients, handling inbox messages, triaging calls, administering immunizations, and EKGs. Candidates with previous primary care or clinic experience will be highly preferred, we may consider candidates from inpatient/ new grads based on previous experiences. Sign On Bonus is currently being offered for this position(through 9/30/22).
- Uses the nursing process to provide ongoing care (assess, plan, intervention, and evaluation). Recognizes and responds to changes in a patient's status and need for care. Determines priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs.
- Provides triage and consultation to patient, family, and/or significant others according to protocol and organization guidelines. Communicates with physicians and other members of the health care team. Documents and communicates accurate and timely information regarding patient conditions.
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital signs and documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e. chief complaint, allergies, medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture, specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions / infection control guidelines. Assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery, colposcopy, etc.
- Administers medications, under physician/provider orders, including: immunizations, antibiotics, narcotic pain medications, vitamins, topical agents, insulin, blood thinners, and allergy antigens. Initiates, maintains and discontinues IV therapy; performs mixing of medications according to protocols.
- Assesses and provides basic to complex patient education and counseling on the performance of tasks, skills, treatment and self-care integrating health promotion and preventive aspects of care. Follows through with necessary procedure or test requests, prescription refills, new appointment times and referrals to other facilities or services. Refers questions to physician/provider and relays information back to patient as directed.
- Performs advanced clinical tasks or skills such as removal of sutures and staples, catheterization, audiograms, laboratory procedures (throat/nose culture, drug screen, phlebotomy – butterfly, venous access, heel stick), spirometry, Holter monitor application, casting, complex wound care, fetal heart tone monitoring, Hickman/port-a-cath/PIC line, central line care, conscious sedation, anti-coagulation clinic operation, etc., with demonstrated competency and under clinical supervision.
- Assists in the development and implementation of staff orientation, competency and educational activities. Acts as an expert clinical and department resource. May provide work direction to other staff and/or assist with patient care flow and the provision of services.
- Organizes and prepares exam rooms, lab and work areas including: cleaning, stocking, ordering supplies, and maintaining equipment.
- Completes routine maintenance and quality monitoring of clinic equipment using appropriate technique when cleaning, sterilizing and caring for instruments and other equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively make critical, independent decisions.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including delegation, organization, prioritization and building team rapport.
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, use of electronic mail and electronic medical records systems.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel, climb, and reach above shoulders throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs with a second person present.
- Will be exposed to the following hazards on a frequent basis: mechanical, electrical, chemical, blood and body fluids. Will be required to wear protective clothing and equipment as needed.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with ability to use fine-hand manipulation skills.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.