$10K Sign-On Bonus, requires 1 year or more of experience working as an RN in a GI Lab
Hours: Days, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., some Saturdays + On-call requirements
What you will need:
- Current RN IL License + graduate of NLN accredited School of Nursing (BSN strongly preferred)
- CPR certification (BLS and ACLS)
- Prior experience in GI, Critical Care, Emergency with conscious sedation or Med Surg with telemetry monitoring highly preferred
What you will do:
- Independently provide safe, effective, and compassionate nursing care for patients in the GI Lab
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Prepare patients for procedures and monitor their condition periodically
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed assistive personnel in delivering interdisciplinary patient care
- Communicate and collaborate with healthcare team to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care
- Daily quality rounds on medications and supplies and other equipment as applicable
- Positively contributing to safety outcomes and promoting high quality patient experience
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a The NorthShore system, headquartered in Evanston, Ill., includes six award-winning hospitals – , , , , and . NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and complex care; and 170+ office locations and 35+ immediate care centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than 17,000 team members system-wide.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to receive Magnet® designation—the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team members and patients - irrespective of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization, our community and our patients.
Please explore our website ( ) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.