Working independently, this position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, assisting engineers with administrative, documentation, process and general engineering related support activities. Must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers, providing a wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include word processing, data entry and preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources, change management process, requirements capture, milestone and financial metrics, etc. Performs project non-technical duties. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Position will be located in Wilsonville, OR.
- Edits format of software/hardware documentation. Interfaces with technicians, engineers and engineering managers to edit/format documentation. Verifies change requests are in the proper state and implement into documentation. Performs data conversion using various application media for software development or project file maintenance.
- Perform as primary focal point, coordinating, tracking and reporting status for inquiries and problem resolution during the pre-release, release, and revision of development/product related documentation.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Operates within a Scaled Agile Framework environment and performs related duties to enable the team to work efficiently.
- Supports the Third-Party Intellectual Property process by coordinating the completion of all necessary documentation.
- Responsible for ordering and shipping program materials.
- Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development of engineering web pages.
- Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Assists in tracking action items, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Facilitates the Bid & Proposal process and follows up with bidding engineers in order to meet deadlines.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Serves as a liaison between engineering teams, management and the customer.
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally on occasion. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Generally works on moderately difficult assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Normally receives little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
- HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- OR In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and management personnel.
- Must possess extensive PC tool knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have the ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering support activities while balancing priorities and schedules.
- Must have the desire and willingness to commit to continued learning.
- Experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint is required.
- Experience in Jira, Confluence, DOORS, Jama, PREP, BidMaster Web, Staffing Center and Subversion desired.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.