DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The Licensed Psychiatric Clinician is a Masters prepared Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). The Licensed Psychiatric Clinician is responsible for the assessment, treatment planning and delivery of outpatient behavioral health therapy services under the clinical direction of the Department of Psychiatry Medical Director as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Join an established interdisciplinary team that supports clinicians through weekly team clinical supervision with your peer clinicians, weekly clinical team disposition meetings to review cases and interact with colleagues, professional development opportunities, committed focus on employee well-being, work-life balance, and professional growth, and regular engagement with Department Medical Director & Administrator.
- As a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team, the Psychiatric Clinician provides psychiatric evaluations of adult patients (18 years old and above) in our Partial Hospital, Mental Health IOP, or Dual Diagnosis IOP. Evaluations include: diagnosis, risk assessments, outcome measure tools and scales, case formulation, and treatment recommendations presented to a supportive treatment team lead by a staff psychiatrist.
- The Licensed Clinician provides runs three or four groups daily including psychodynamic therapy, CBT, recovery skills, relapse prevention, emotional regulation, and activities of daily living. Utilization of evidenced based practices are supported. Clinicians are encouraged to develop clinical specialty area.
- A Clinician’s therapeutic work is supported through collaborative work with case managers and RNs.
development and advancement is available for those who want to participate in
department as well as Hartford Healthcare system committees. Experienced staff can explore opportunities
to supervise clinicians in our intern program or potentially be selected to
participate in leadership development training.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or M.S. in Counseling and current State of Connecticut licensure as an LCSW, LMFT, or LPC required.
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a psychiatric setting.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte Hungerford Hospital provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
- Stress free commute; free parking and no shuttles
- Staff kitchen
- Individual offices for full-time clinicians
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.