** Wanted an Experienced Sheet Metal Fabricator**
My client has a great opportunity within their growing organisation and are looking for someone with experience in stainless steel fabrication / welding to join them.
They design, develop and fit kitchen and catering equipment all over the UK.
Monday - Friday 8am - 4.30pm
£25,000 - £30,000 DOE
20 days holidays plus bank holidays
Annual bonus paid before Christmas
You will be required to:
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment or computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines. Operate the guillotine and brake press.
- Examine factory drawings or specifications to find out job, material, and equipment requirements.
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal material, according to product specifications.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material following drawings and instructions.
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, heat, or hammer metal products to fabricate parts or sub-assemblies.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Before assembling parts, check each part for accurate measurements.
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by MIG and TIG welding, bolting, or riveting
- Finishing items with tools like grinders and polishers to smooth down rough edges
- Being aware of production times always
- Understanding of health and safety, risk assessments and methods statements along with knowledge of PPE.
You maybe required to:
Attend site to take site measurements and access details. Carry out surveys for fixing equipment, this maybe with a member of the sales, contracts team or alone and carrying out installation or repair of fabricated items.
As well as:
Fabricate, assemble, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as drop-ins, sinks, benches, wall cupboards, workstations, hot cupboards, hot passes, and well garnishing units.
If you would like further information for this exciting opportunity or wish to be considered for an interview please submit your cv.