The Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA, LPTA) performs treatment and provides exercise instruction and patient education aimed at improving/enhancing the patient's well-being while following the established plan of care.
Salary $70,000 - $76,000 Annually
At Home Heatlhcare, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.Essential Functions:
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing the provision of physical therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Physical Therapist; to perform only those
procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the supervising Physical Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, instructs and aids patients in active and passive exercise, muscle re-education, gait, functional, ADL, transfer, safety, and prosthetic training.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising PT, the supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; complete a progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
Job Keywords: field travel, PT, Physical Therapist, LHC, health care, travel, hiring immediately, DPT, At Home, Denver, CO, Colorado, Physical Therapy, Discharge Planning, Medicaid, Medicare, Case Management, Utilization Review, Managed Care, Hospice, Long Term Care, LTC, assisted living, home health assessments, EMR, electronic medical recordsEducation & Experience: License Requirements
- Current licensed, registered, or certified to assist in the practice of physical therapy in state of Colorado.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.