This RN position is for the Post-Op/OBS Telemetry Unit.
- 24 beds
- 4:1 Patient to nurse ratio on day shift / 5:1 Patient to nurse ratio on night shift
- Straight shifts (either day shift or night shift positions) with three 12-hour shifts, every third weekend, and Holiday requirements.
- Mostly private rooms with telemetry monitoring for all beds.
- Experienced customer service and patient oriented team.
What's in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans that start the 1st of the month following start date
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture: https://www.centerfortransforminghealthcare.org/high-reliability-in-health-care/
- Education/Training:Valid RN license in the State of Maryland
- Experience:1year RN experience.
- License/Certification/Registration:CPR certification
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Demonstrated ability to precept. Demonstrated high level of clinical competence. Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication. Basic math skills. Basic computer skill preferred.
MedStar Harbor Hospital is a private nonprofit, 150-bed, acute care teaching hospital in Baltimore City, Maryland, U.S. It is a mainstay in the community, serving patients from Baltimore City, and Anne Arundel, Baltimore and Howard counties at our convenient waterside location, with the services of a large, regional medical center in a smaller, more personal environment.About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.