Reporting to the Assistant Nurse Manager and under the supervision of the professional nurse, the Clinical Associate provides designated direct and indirect patient care activities and provides assistance in maintaining supplies and equipment available to ensure efficient unit operations. Patient population ranges from infancy through geriatrics.
- Meets all standards of the Patient Satisfaction Initiative Criteria in order to make Abington –Jefferson Health (AJH) the hospital of choice for Patients and Employees
- Performs designated direct and indirect patient care activities to meet patient care needs. Monitors, promote sand maintains a safe patient care environment to facilitate safe and effective patient care, and reports any changes to RN.
- Helps maintain a safe, neat and clean patient care environment to facilitate safe and effective patient care
- Participates as a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team and communicates information necessary to enhance the quality of patient care
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- C.N.A. or previous similar healthcare experience required
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson’s clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.