The RN assists the staff and physician by collection of pertinent patient information needed to determine physical and psychological needs, address and identify health problems, performs selected treatments, diagnostic procedures and routine duties. The RN functions as a member of the healthcare team with responsibilities commensurate with educational preparation, training and demonstrated competencies. Direct patient care is provided to patients of all ages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data through physical assessment
- Perform EKG’s, venipunctures, pulmonary function testing, intravenous infusion and other lab procedures and treatments with accuracy.
- Accurately obtain vital signs and record patient data in an accurate, legal and appropriate manner.
- Application of splints, braces and wound dressings in correct manner.
- Administer medications per physician order.
- Assist physician with exams/procedures.
- Room/equipment/instrument set-up, cleaning, practice good infection control, order supplies and restock as necessary.
- Report maintenance needs to manager.
- Respect/promote patient rights, maintain confidentiality, and exhibit friendly/helpful behaviors.
- Respond to emergencies in appropriate manner and according to policy.
- Follow all OSHA and departmental policies; perform quality control, record data as necessary.
- All departmental/staff/operational problems reported to the appropriate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Clerical duties may include scheduling, answering phone, filing, copying, completing forms/referrals/precerts, obtaining demographic information, updating charts, assuring fee tickets reflect services perform.
Education, Training, and Experience Required:
- Graduation from an accredited RN program
- BCLS Certification required
- Minimum two years of direct patient care experience preferred
Clinic RN, RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse
If you would like to be part of a growing family focused on supporting clinical excellence, teamwork and innovation, we urge you to apply now!
Employees will be expected to comply with Baptist Health’s infectious disease and vaccination policies, which include but may not be limited to compliance with BHS’ mandatory vaccination policies for influenza and COVID unless reasonable accommodations are needed under applicable law
Baptist Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.