The primary job responsibilities of the Fleet Manager are to manage the staff and operations of the Fleet Services Department and meet all responsibilities in mechanic job description.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee fleet inventory purchases.
* Oversee the department's fiscal management programs, prepare and monitor the department's budget.
* Negotiate with various vendors and track warranty work.
* Responsible for assisting in the daily maintenance projects of the Fleet department.
* Management of various special Fleet projects.
* Ability to provide leadership and management skills to staff.
* Oversee fleet inventory purchases.
* Look for the most efficient method of repairing and maintaining the Operational Fleet.
* Work closely with General Managers and Division General Manager to ensure service levels are maintained.
* Design and implement aggressive customer service and quality assurance programs.
* Responsible for supervising, directing and developing subordinates, including completing performance reviews, counseling sessions, etc.
* Responsible for developing and maintaining department budget.
* Develop & implement preventative maintenance program.
* Provide training and direction to all mechanics.
* Attend all required Company training sessions.
* Maintain and seek to achieve ASE Certifications.
* Complies with and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies (i.e. Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
* Supervision of staff, set goals and holds people accountable for results.
* Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
* Coordinates activities to maximize the efficiency of all processes.
* Shares lessons learned and best practices.
* Ensures coverage for out of office.
* Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans.
The Fleet Manager may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist with the completion of appropriate forms and reports that are not considered essential functions.
* Perform other job related duties as assigned by the Division General Manager.
* Inventory and request needed supplies to perform department tasks.
* Attend all required Manager meetings.
* Remain informed of relevant economic conditions and situations and recommends to the Division General Manager any adjustments.
* Maintains a high profile as a knowledge mentor, motivator and lead by-example staff leader.
* Designate a replacement when appropriate.
* Travel to other locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
* 3-4 years of fleet/mechanical experience required.
* Familiarity with OSHA and other related regulations.
* Prior fiscal experience in expense management, purchasing, inventory control and revenue source development preferred.
* Excellent management, supervisory and overall leadership skills (minimum two year), including relationship building and fostering excellent achievement through teamwork.
* Excellent analytical skills and quality orientation-strives for continuous improvement in all activities to consistently achieve excellent results and meet or exceed department expectations.
* Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs, and type 40 wpm (minimum).
* Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
* Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently, ability to work with other departments and meet their deadlines as well.
* Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
* Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
* Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups.
* Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
* Innovative and resourceful, embraces innovation and change as healthy and a source of opportunity. Ability to be a "change-agent." Generates new ideas and approaches to solve problems and creates business opportunities while maximizing existing resources.
* Diesel experience highly preferred.
* Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
* Valid driver's license required.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* BS/BA or equivalent experience in related field
* ASE Certification preferred
* EVT Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally: Must have the ability to lift, carry and balance up to 80 pounds, pushing, pulling, climbing, carrying, sitting, flexibility.
Frequently: Good manual dexterity, with the ability to perform all tasks related to the position of Fleet Manager. Hearing/listening, clear speech, smelling, lifting, reaching, kneeling, stooping, bending, driving company vehicles.
Constantly: Ability to sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time, possess hand-eye-foot coordination and color recognition.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Memorization, critical judgment.
Frequently: Perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex mathematic skills, reasoning, ability to read, interpret and correspond in various written communication formats.
Constantly: Analytical skills, ethical judgment and reasoning, logic, active listening skills, strategic decision making, ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats.
The individual in this position must be familiar with using the following equipment to perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Fax machine, copy machine, hole-punch, calculator, laminator, Gurney, pager, wheelchair, telephone, calculator, copy machine, hydraulic lift, impact wrench.
Frequently: Printer, telephone, cell phone, clock, company vehicle,
Constantly: Maintenance tool, hand, diagnostic equipment, scanners, analyzers, electrical tools and computer. | Job Description :
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasoble accommodations may be made to eble individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Fleet Mager occasiolly works extended hours outside normal business hours. The Fleet Mager also occasiolly works in extreme hot and cold, temperature changes, noise, and fumes/odors/mists. The Fleet Mager frequently works independently, and often engages in face-to-face and verbal contact with business clients.
Driving approximately 10% of the time.
Except where appropriate and conducive to accomplishing the goals and objectives of a particular task (such as in an emergency situation) the Fleet Mager will work in a well lighted area that is ventilated and is as physically and psychologically innocuous as possible under the conditions which exist at a particular time. Because the essential function of the job of Fleet Mager may require exposure to hazardous materials as well as infectious waste, diseases, odors and other situations associated with health care, including but not limited to exposure to AIDS, HIV and Hepatitis B viruses involving Risk Classification Category 3 environmental conditions will fluctuate. To be qualified for the position of Fleet Mager, applicant/employee will have the ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for patients, with or without reasoble accommodation and without posing a direct threat to self or others.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately high.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.