Operations Controller, Global Trade & Receivables FinanceSome careers prize diversity more than others.
If you would like to find out more about this position and how we can support you with your career development we are holding an open evening on Thursday 15th September at 5:30pm Please register you interest by emailing:
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Trade and Receivables Finance comprises over 4,500 people across more than 60 countries, helping suppliers and buyers with their export and import finance needs. Trade is where HSBC began in 1865, when we financed commerce between Europe, North America and Asia.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Operations Controller
The Operations Controller will manage and co-ordinate the daily workflow of the Transaction Services team in a timely and effective manner enabling key deadlines to be met successfully each day. This role is a support role for the Transaction Services team and the Transaction Services Team Managers to assist the area to meet & exceed financial, service risk and people targets.In this role, you will:
- Manage and co-ordinate the daily workflow of the Transaction Services team in a timely and effective manner enabling key deadlines to be met successfully each day
- Act as a point of escalation for more complex queries and issues
- Providing feedback and coaching on quality issues to appropriate UK and GSC staff
- Reviewing processes in order to identify and implement efficiency gain
- Ensuring global standards such as data protection and financial crime checks are consistent with UK and wider bank practices
- Working closely with the Operational Risk team to ensure any updates to procedures around FCC control points are communicated clearly to the UK and GSC team
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- A basic understanding of Invoice Finance's products and services
- Previous Coaching Experience
- An ability to challenge, embrace change and persuade others to do so
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- A display of high work standards
- Ability to work well in a team environment
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process. When joining HSBC Commercial Banking UK, you will become a valued member of our team, we take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. We can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, we work closely with our colleagues to understand their life balance needs and we support them with several schemes and initiatives. We can't wait to tell you about our ways of working, wellbeing agenda and our healthiest human system!Recruitment Helpdesk: Email: Telephone: +