The Associate Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety, providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments, conduct therapy sessions, and other case management tasks, as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout the course of treatment. All documentation is required to be done at the time of service.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved ones.
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming attitude.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly treatment goals with all team members.
- Maintain a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions assigned weekly for patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the patients level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per week.
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family weekend.
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones. Returning all calls and emails within 2 hours during business hours of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of the clinical team in their absence.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all patients.
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
RTC Only: Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per month (for 1 week at a time) and returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while on call. Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or Regional Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on call.
This is a full time position working either Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday, at one of our residential facilities.For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at centerfordiscovery.com.Qualifications
- Masters or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements to conduct therapeutic interventions, required
- Operates under supervision and is not licensed Licensure required: LGPC, LMSW, LCPC, LCSW-C in Maryland
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire
- Must possess a current drivers license and be in good standing
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic. Keywords: Mental Health Counselor, Location: Harmans, MD - 21077 , PL: 546813167