Registered Nurse - Float Pool
Full Time, 72 Hours Per Pay Period, Night Shift
Roane Medical Center Overview:
Proudly serving our community, Roane Medical Center is committed to your healthy future! Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with modern technologies and expert staff to provide you the best possible patient care. From our quality medical, surgical, emergency and critical care services to our diagnostic imaging and rehabilitation support, you will find the right blends of technical expertise, medical professionalism, and patient quality and satisfaction at Roane Medical Center.
The Float Pool Overview
The Float Pool department has core staffing for Critical Care, Med-Surg Pods, and the Emergency Department. This pool serves to provide quality patient care while meeting the goals and values of the organization. Must be able to work well as a team with staff on floors and be able to work well independently when needed. Must be willing to work all nursing areas if needed to supplement staffing needs.
Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
For more information on this position or others contact: Jason Shubert || firstname.lastname@example.org || 865-374-5393
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Resolves problems regarding moderately complex issues without oversight or supervision.
- Demonstrates active participation in unit or facility activities.
- Demonstrates willingness to precept employees/students as directed. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Must possess at least one (1) year of professional nursing experience.
Valid Tennessee RN license. CPR required.