Registered Nurse - Surgery
Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period, Day Shift
Variable day shifts with evening, night, weekend, and holiday call rotation.
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System has 167 licensed beds and 23 emergency suites. The hospital offers outstanding ancillary services including Laboratory, Radiology and Therapy services. At our Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, women can have their annual mammograms, biopsies, and can meet with a nurse navigator if needed. The Women’s Center offers six newly remodeled labor and delivery suites and has a secure nursery for the care of our newborns. It serves an eight-county region in the Lakeway Area and is equipped with modern technologies and expert staff to provide the best possible patient care. Learn more about our amazing facility at .
Position Overview: Provides professional nursing care within an assigned unit; coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
Recruiter:Jennifer Lawless || email@example.com || 423-492-5011
- Correlates patient history and support systems within hospital care/nursing home care.
- Assesses needs of patient and family.
- Develops and initiates plan of care, involving patient and family.
- Recommends interventions.
- Evaluates plan of care.
- Clinical expertise and knowledge is such that individual can resolve complex patient/management/physician problems without supervision.
- Demonstrates competence in performing critical skills to include appropriate delivery of care according to the age-specific needs of the population served.
- Leads process improvement initiatives in their own unit or participate in facility team.
- Precepts new employees/students or attends formal preceptor workshop and is willing to precept. Reviews clinical performance of preceptee with unit leader or clinical instructor.
- Provides four contact hours of educational activities, excluding basic patient education.
- Contributes to development and evaluation of unit orientation program.
- Supervises LPNs, Nursing Assistants, HUCs, Techs, and sitters.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience : Three (3) years professional nursing experience.
Licensure Requirement: Must have and maintain Tennessee RN license and CPR.