Graduation from a Licensed Vocational Nurse program and licensure/permit as a vocational nurse in the state of Texas. No experience required
To provide direct nursing care to an assigned group of patients and perform nursing procedures within the scope of their education and demonstrated abilities.
Seeking an individual with strong Spanish and English speaking skills. This position is based at the Angleton RMCHP clinic but travel to various local area clinics and school districts in other counties may be required.
The employee will manage resources through interdisciplinary collaboration to achieve optimal patient outcomes. They will educate families, provide injections, and document all services provided.
- Undergo 2 weeks of training at UTMB Galveston & complete required internal certification.
- Confirm patient vaccination status, determine eligibility, and obtain consent.
- Counsel patients, parents and adolescents about the importance and safety of the HPV vaccination.
- Obtain informed consent for patient’s vaccination.
- Record names, hospital record number, address, and phone numbers of patients who receive vaccine in the clinic.
- Collect contact information for at least 3 individuals who could reach the patient for tracking purposes.
- Provide vaccine to patient, following clinic guidelines.
- Chart vaccine provided on EMR.
- Determine eligibility for the federal Vaccine for Children Program and Medicaid; instruct families on this benefit, as needed.
- Collaborate with UTMB and non-UTMB (county or school) clinics to coordinate vaccination appointments to ensure completion of the vaccine.
- Set up phone and text reminders for the family, in their preferred language, for these appointments.
- Schedule/reschedule vaccination appointments as needed.
- Personally call families to reschedule appointments.
- Obtain information from patients/parents on whether they/their child has been vaccinated and where it was received.
- Maintain accurate records of all families approached and number of vaccines received.
- Collect high-quality data using patient enrollment forms and EMR systems.
- Accurately enter and validate data in an electronic database; using all data collected at UTMB, as well as from ImmTrac.
- Accurately update all databases regarding patients on daily basis.
- Build Hospital Account Record (HAR) for every follow up appointment, checking Medicaid eligibility and insurance status.
- Check clinic records to update contact information as needed.
- Send letters to patients who cannot be reached by telephone.
- Attend all educational sessions and maintain sign-in sheets to track attendance.
- Assist with pre and post testing of educational sessions.
- Monitor CDC information, every year it is changed, make sure that the material used is always up to date.
$38,560 - $48,200 annually, commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.