The Patient Service Rep is responsible for positive patient relations, accurate telephone communication, appointment scheduling, patient registration, payment and co-payment collection and overall providing outstanding customer service to patients through the intake of calls and ability to navigate services throughout Cedars Sinai Medical Network. This position also performs routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides outstanding customer service through the successful intake, prioritizing, and resolution of calls and patient needs for a multi-specialty team.
- Greets patients and assist with resolving patient issues or raising patients issues.
- Check-in and out patients and collect co-payments/give receipts/reconcile payments. Verifies that patient demographic and insurance data are accurate in CS-Link.
- Schedules appointments, complete patient registration, collect patient payments and to provide a high level of patient service.
- Assists with the management of physician schedules and finds opportunities for improvement. Handle patient/provider correspondence as instructed.
- Process and track referrals and authorizations for various insurance types.
- Manages patient care flow and assist with monitoring CS-Link message pools and standard work.
- Monitors and assess their own workflow to find opportunities for improvement.
- Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using administrative knowledge
- Participates in daily huddles and staff meetings.
- Promotes and practice infection prevention standards and all department policies and procedures.