Job ID: 100577
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: 2 shifts/4weeks
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
Student Nurse – Medical IMC
University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC)
Supplemental – Per Diem – Rotating Shift
“A Better State of Care”
Renowned as the academic flagship of the University of Maryland Medical System, our Magnet®-designated facility is a nationally recognized, academic medical center with opportunities across the continuum of care. By working as a Student Nurse at the University of Maryland Medical Center, you will gain valuable bedside skills working side by side with an interdisciplinary team. This opportunity will provide exposure to a variety of clinical experiences and foster professional connections often only available through formal internship and residency programs. Come join UMMC and discover the atmosphere where talents and ideas come together to enhance patient care and advance the science of nursing.
The Student Nurse, under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, participates in the nursing process in delivering care to patients and their families. Duties and responsibilities include direct care activities required in daily practice on the assigned unit. Fulfillment of the job duties requires the employee to have access to medication storage areas.
The Benefits of the Student Nurse Position:
- Gain practical, real-world experience while still in school.
- Create direct connections and experience networking opportunities.
- Obtain knowledge in your field of study while being compensated for your hard work,
- Create a flexible work schedule, allowing you to schedule work around your class schedule.
- Please provide resume, and list all completed clinical rotations (include hospital, type of unit and specialty focus/acuity), anticipated graduation date, current GPA, any healthcare employment, and CNA certification number with expiration.
- CNA certification is a core requirement and should be obtained no later than 10 days prior to potential employment start date.
- For those candidates finishing their first semesters, begin the CNA application process with the Maryland Board of Nursing, as soon as you receive your final transcripts.
- A cover letter is required with your application for consideration.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Current Maryland Board of Nursing CNA certification
- Current and continuous enrollment in good academic standing as a Junior, or Senior year in an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program for ADN, BSN, or Diploma in Nursing Program is required.
- Have completed at least first semester of the Nursing program, including Fundamentals of Nursing.
- Current American Heart Association CPR (BLS Health Care Provider) certification, or American Red Cross.
- An official sealed Transcript from your accredited RN program – (request one, have it sent to you in preparation for interview).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.