LPN Clinic – Family Med
N1750 Lily of the Valley Rd
Greenville, WI 54942
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
Monday- Thursday 7:00am-12:00pm
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital signs and documenting/updating pertinent health information (i.e. chief complaint, allergies, medications).
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture, specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique and standard precautions / infection control guidelines.
- Assists the physician/provider with procedures and surgeries such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch testing, EMG, cautery, colposcopy, etc.
- Administers medications, under physician/provider orders, including: immunizations, antibiotics, pain medications, vitamins, topical agents, and insulin. With limitations, initiates, maintains and discontinues IV therapy; administering selected fluids with pre-mixed medications.
- Provides basic patient education on the performance of tasks, skills, treatment and self-care. Follows through with necessary procedure or test requests, prescription refills, new appointment times and referrals to other facilities or services. Refers questions to registered nurses and physicians/providers per scope of practice guidelines and relays information back to patient as directed.
- Communicates with physicians and other members of the health care team. Documents and communicates accurate and timely information regarding patient conditions.
- Performs advanced clinical tasks or skills such as removal of sutures and staples, catheterization, audiograms, laboratory procedures (throat/nose culture, drug screen, phlebotomy – butterfly, venous access, heel stick), EKG, spirometry, Holter monitor application, casting, complex wound care, etc., with demonstrated competency and under clinical supervision.
- Organizes and prepares exam rooms, lab and work areas including: cleaning, stocking, ordering supplies, and maintaining equipment. Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
- Completes routine maintenance and quality monitoring of clinic equipment using appropriate technique when cleaning, sterilizing and caring for instruments and other equipment.
- Participates in patient centered initiatives, care management, performance and quality improvement activities.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific information is developed further in the departmental job standards.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license issued by the state in which the team member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in Practical Nursing.
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; ability to develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.
- Excellent organization, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation within a windows operating system, and use of electronic mail with exposure to electronic medical records systems.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel, climb, and reach above shoulders throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance.
- Must be able to:
- push/pull with 30 lbs of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs with a second person present.
- Will be exposed to the following hazards on a frequent basis: mechanical, electrical, chemical, blood and body fluids. Will be required to wear protective clothing and equipment as needed.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with ability to use fine-hand manipulation skills.
- Operates all equipment essential to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.