Applying the principles of the nursing process and working within the policies/procedures of the Patient Care Services Department and the Medical Center, the staff nurse is a registered nurse (RN) who, as the patient's primary nurse, is responsible and accountable for:
* The overall management of the nursing care provided, assuring competent, compassionate and cost-effective patient care from admission to discharge;
* Assuring the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and protection of patients and performing disease prevention and restorative measures;
* Responding to medical and environmental emergencies
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates working knowledge of patient care techniques, medications, treatments and general health care procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to:
• provide basic patient care to a diverse patient population
• read/interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
• write legibly and effectively present ideas, document activities
• demonstrate leadership abilities
• deal with problems involving several variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Minimum 1 year Med/Surg exp required. Minimum 1 year current Hemodialysis experience required.
Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing Required
Education Level: Bachelor's Preferred
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN Required
Basic Life Support Certification - BLS Required
Days of the Week:
Every other Weekend
Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.