1. Performs patient assessments as designated by Registered Nurse or provider to include collection of data regarding the patient’s physical, psychosocial and health history.
2. Appropriately evaluates the developmental age of the patient when performing assessments, treatments and patient/family education.
3. In collaboration with Registered Nurse or provider, organizes patient data into the formulation of a plan of care; identifies additional information needed and makes care decisions based on identified needs. Identifies expected patient outcomes.
4. Carries out plan of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
5. Provides patient care that is specific to the setting, identified needs and plan; ensures that the care provided is appropriate to the severity of the disease, condition, impairment or disability.
6. Oversees activities of ancillary and support team members.
7. Identifies teaching opportunities and provides the resources necessary for achieving the educational goals of the patients.
8. Communications issues/concerns to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Manager and/or physician as appropriate.
9. Documents patient care and concerns in the patient record.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a LPN program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
New graduates of an accredited nursing school are eligible.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a LPN or NLC/eNLC Multistate License.
BLS certification required
Demonstrated clinical competency in the specialty area applying for
Nursing Experience in Hospital Setting Preferred