Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Flexible Hours and/or Flexible Schedule
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 80
Shift Time: Flexible
Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
The Clinical Registered Nurse (RN) will promote relationship-centered care that appreciates vulnerability of patients, anticipates needs, and incorporates the patient as a full partner in care. The RN will deliver high quality care based on therapeutic caring relationships that are individualized to the patients and their families' needs and values. The RN will practice competently and uphold the standards of nursing practice to promote positive patient outcomes. The RN will assure proactive, protective, and safe practice resulting in the elimination of all preventable harm. The RN will adhere to organizational policies and procedures; regulatory accrediting body requirements and professional practice standards. The Clinical RN practices the scope and standards of nursing care including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The Clinical RN demonstrates scope and standards of professional performance including quality of professional practice, evaluation of practice, lifelong learning, collegiality, ethics, collaboration, clinical inquiry, resource utilization, and leadership.
* Standard Work Duties: Registered Nurse
- Uses the standards of nursing practice and mutually problem solves with the patient, family, other healthcare providers, and the community, as appropriate, to develop a well-coordinated and collaborated plan of care to address the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates a competent level of behavior in the professional registered nurse role, through engagement in caring relationships, modeling of caring factors and the promotion of optimal outcomes.
- Assure zero preventable harm by demonstrating keen attention to all patient safety and quality practices including but not limited to hand hygiene, intentional hourly rounding, pro-active toileting, clutter-free, healing environment.
- Establish self-caring practices through demonstrating personal safety practices and engaging in continuous learning to advance one's professional practice.
- Exhibits commitment to the vision, core purpose/mission and goals of LRH, modeling the Quality-Caring Model concepts by initiating, cultivating, and sustaining caring relationships with patients and families, other nurses and other members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate ethical practice by maintaining patient confidentiality within legal and regulatory parameters in a nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory manner that appreciates the unique meanings of patients, families, and the community.
- Fosters a spirit of clinical inquiry through integration of the Quality-Caring Model with specific evidenced based nursing interventions, to positively influence health outcomes. Uses the best available evidence, including research findings, to guide practice decisions and continually question and evaluate practice. Participate in activities to support clinical inquiry as appropriate to the nurse's skills, knowledge and experience.
- Appropriately utilizes resources by maintaining an open, flexible approach and considering factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact in planning and delivering nursing services.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of students, peers, and other healthcare providers as colleagues. Use caring relationship to enhance the healthy work environment by working with others in a way that promotes mutual respect and meaningful recognition of each person's contribution.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities that influence and guide fellow team members to maximize the potential of the team as a whole and promote a culture of peer to peer accountability. Contribute to the professional practice environment through participation on committees, councils, administrative teams and in professional organizations as appropriate to the nurse's skills, knowledge, and experience.
Qualifications & Experience
* Associate Degree
* Bachelor Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Nursing: If hired after 2013, must obtain Bachelor degree in Nursing within 3 years of employment date.
Licenses Essential: Current license as Registered Nurse in Florida. Certifications Essential: BLS
Certifications Preferred: Certification in Specialty of Nursing