Iowa River Landing Clinic is seeking a patient centered 100% Staff Nurse to work within our growing clinic location . Our teams specialize in the care of everyone in the family, in every generation.
Our Staff Nurses develop relationships and get to know our patients and monitor each family member's health care history and deliver personalized, compassionate care every time to each patient.
This position supports our clinics team-based care model spending more time within patient care and working elbow to elbow with our providers.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnoses, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Scribing in patient care rooms for providers.
- Chart preparation including updating health maintenance and closing care gaps.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multi-disciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
- Responsible and accountable for the provision of care for patients.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 hour shifts to accomplish 40 hours between 7:30 am - 8pm (evenings only as needed); Possibility of Saturday rotation 8am - noon in the future. No holidays and no on-call time.
Location: Iowa River Landing
SEIU Pay Plan:https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. For more information, clickhere.
University ofIowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
University of Iowa Health Care–Iowa River Landing offers the world-class, academic-level medicine you expect from UI Hospitals and Clinics in a convenient medical office building that makes visiting the doctor a pleasant experience. Our pledge at UI Health Care–Iowa River Landing is that our patients will receive the best possible care in a friendly, compassionate, efficient way.
For more information about Why Iowa?, click here.
Education and Certification Requirements
- An Associate’s degree in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing, Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, or Master’s degree in Nursing (MNHP or MSN) is required.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience working in an ambulatory clinic setting.
- Experience working with EPIC.
- Previous Triage experience.
In order to be considered for an interview, applicants must upload the following documents and mark them as “Relevant File” to the submission:
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process. If applicable, internal references will be conducted with approval from the candidate.
For additional questions, please contactAnne Pitkin at email@example.com.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 6
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Anne Pitkin
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services,(319) email@example.com . For jobs in UI Health care, please contact UI Health care Leave & Disability Administration at319-356-7543.