We want to ensure that the application process is smooth and efficient and recommend the following tips:
- Prior to applying, please provide all of your applicable experience and education relevant to the job requirements.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- All online assessments are completed online. After you submit an application, if an assessment is required, an email with instructions to complete the assessment will be sent to you. In the event you need access to a computer, please consider visiting the WIN Job Center or your local library.
Once you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if we would like to discuss your application.
Due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please feel free to check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:R00010572
Job Category:Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Location/s:Main Campus Jackson
Job Title:CRNA - PRN
Job Summary:To assess patient care needs and provides anesthetic care for surgical patients. To administer medically directed local, general, inhalation, regional, intravenous, monitored and other anesthetics for surgical, obstetrical therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. To consult preoperatively with patients regarding anesthetic needs, monitors patient's reaction to anesthesia and adjusts care accordingly.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an accredited CRNA program. R.N., certified registered nurse anesthetist or within 180 days (last semester) of graduation. Valid RN license or hold a temporary permit to practice as a RN in the state of Mississippi. Must obtain advanced practice certification from the Mississippi Board of Nursing prior to hire date.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of agents, equipment, procedures and techniques for the provision of anesthesia for patients.
- Provides patient care by assessing, planning implementing and evaluating treatments and procedures.
- Evaluates patients preoperatively to assess the physical status and anesthetic risks and prepares for anesthetic treatment.
- Administers medically directed anesthetics during surgical obstetric, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- Responds to critical patient care needs related to invasive monitoring, iv access, and airway management.
- Conducts pre-and post- anesthesia evaluation including explanation of plan, obtaining informed consent, and follow-up on any postoperative complication.
- Educates, instructs, and mentors student nurse anesthetists, residents and other allied health professionals.
- Contributes to the professional development of peers, colleagues, and others upon request.
- Reports case based quality and safety issues and develops and evaluates improvement measures to ensure safety and performance improvement.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type:Part time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:No
Job Posting Date:12/17/2020
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):