10 hour night shift; Monday - Thursday; no call and no weekend!
Up to $20,000 sign on Bonus!
Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- 15-bed unit that provides post anesthesia care to age groups from infants to adults
Position Function: The Registered Nurse is responsible and accountable for implementing, directing and coordinating the care of patients through the use of the nursing process: assessment, planning implementation and evaluation. Included is recognition and treatment of the physical and psychosocial changes unique to the age/population group served on the specific unit.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
- Previous nursing experience in specialty area preferred
- PACU, must have experience with, and be familiar with, reading cardiac monitors and be self-directed in responding to abnormalities or cardiac arrest as a team member. Must have recent clinical experience with cardiopulmonary resuscitation and have the ability to lead a Code Blue in the absence of a higher level professional.
- Eligible for or currently licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in Pennsylvania.
- Certification in specialty preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- ACLS required or achieved within one year of start date.
- PALS required for PACU within one year from start date.
- CPAN/CAPA preferred for PACU
- Proficiency in cardiac monitor interpretation required for PACU