Operate troweling machinery and other texturing tools for finishing and shaping the concrete including sidewalk, curb and gutter, etc. Also, have a good understanding of concrete characteristics and the effects of weather on the curing of the concrete once laid and smoothed. Take orders from foreman and crew leader.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Place, finish, and cure concrete for heavy civil construction projects including sidewalks, curbs, gutters, highways, bridges, etc.
- Use troweling machinery and other texturing tools for finishing and shaping concrete
- Align forms for sidewalks, curbs and gutters
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman, Superintendent, or Safety Officer
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2+ years of construction industry experience preferred
- Ability to travel to Anchor's main Yard sites required
- Ability to follow basic instructions in English required
- Ability to use basic tools required
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures required
- Ability to work overtime as needed required
- Comfort working in an outdoors high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations required
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle preferred
- Spanish fluency a plus
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro