The BIM Specialist - MEP will support BIM efforts including troubleshooting issues directly related to the Revit suite of products, document production, and development of content and maintain company standards related to BIM, coordinate with internal & external project team. These efforts include procedures related to production and techniques.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Troubleshoot and answer questions from production staff directly related to the Revit suite of products.
- Work with Revit Modeling and Revit Family Editor – 2D and 3D Development.
- Develop/maintain BIM production procedures, standards, and techniques for increased productivity and quality for all Dewberry entities.
- Assist in coordination and quality of BIM production graphics with internal personnel as well as clients and consultants we partner with on projects.
- Maintain familiarity with currently accepted standards and methods for construction in the building industry.
- Have strong technical knowledge of individual’s field as well as symbols and graphic standards and nomenclature through direct discipline experience.
- Teach how to use Revit MEP / S the Dewberry way in a classroom environment.
- Evolve the team to a center of excellence and resource for the firm
- Ensure that the team is on the cutting edge of new technology and provide methods for the firm to learn and stay on top of the latest trends.
- Assist and review efforts of the Discipline Subject Matter Experts (SME(s)) and Application Experts
- Maintain familiarity with current accepted standards and methods for construction in the engineering industry.
- Maintain basic knowledge of individual’s discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly with the MEP / S disciplines and working in a BIM platform for an A/E/C firm.
- Demonstrated expertise in Revit MEP and recognized in regional or national Revit community as such.
- Proficiency and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Revit Structure, and the Revit Family Editor.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Be self-motivated and have ability to work independently.
- Have willingness to learn the company’s business and industry.
- Believe in and practice teamwork with Virtual Design Group and production teams.
- Have good verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Have commitment to our corporate vision and culture.
- Must possess aptitude for taking and following directions.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations in performance of responsibilities.
- Work within Dewberry’s current BIM standards and work with practice areas to expand/modify the standard, as needed.
In accordance with applicable Executive Order 14042 and related requirements, all prospective hires for this position, performing work for the federal government, will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or qualify for an exemption to this vaccination requirement. Such proof of vaccination, or written request for exemption, will be required, following receipt of written offer.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.