As a condition of employment with CHA-Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, all employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status in accordance to the state mandate orders.
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center
CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center (HPMC) is an acute care facility that has been caring for the Hollywood community and surrounding areas since 1924. The hospital is committed to serving local multicultural communities with quality medical and nursing care. With more than 500 physicians representing virtually every specialty, HPMC strives to distinguish itself as a leading healthcare provider, recognized for providing quality, innovative care in a compassionate manner.
HPMC is part of a global healthcare enterprise which owns and operates general hospitals throughout Korea, numerous research centers in the U.S. and Korea including a medical university, and CHAUM (a premier anti-aging life center).
Reports to the Administrative Director, this position is responsible for providing high quality, individualized patient care under the direction from the Registered Nurse. LVNs provide direct patient care activities, administer medications and treatments to patients, and implement the plan of care established by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs duties in a manner that provides for the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient including assisting in completing initial gathering of necessary data in a timely manner; performs ongoing monitoring when warranted by the patient's condition. Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into patient care approaches; correctly differentiating between norma and abnormal findings; and incorporates the functional / developmental age into patient care approaches for the adolescent through geriatric patient population.
- Uses hospital and regulatory standards of care, the LVN demonstrates sound clinical judgment in the implementation and evaluation of the nursing aspects of the trans-disciplinary care plan. In conjunction with the patient/family, the LVN participates in developing an individualized patient care plan and implementing interventions based on findings. The LVN evaluates and reports patient outcomes on an ongoing basis, follows through on established priorities for patient care services as evidenced by modification of the care plan, if necessary, and demonstrates the ability to accurately document patient care activities in the medical record.
- Safely and competently administers pharmacotherapeutics, including intravenous therapy, adhering to medication policies, procedures, practices and standards, and monitors and reports the resultant outcomes based upon the patient’s response to treatment.
- Acts appropriately to ensure patient safety based on the physical environment, equipment and the patient’s behavior.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide care in emergency situations and following established emergency procedures and practices.
- Communicates and follows the organizational chain of command for notification of patient care/service issues, when appropriate.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret cardiac rhythms and the treatment of arrhythmias.
- Maintains knowledge of, and implementing patient care activities to promote, maintain and/or restore health for the adult through geriatric patient population as described in the Nursing Skills Inventory. The LVN also provides appropriate care through the healthcare continuum including end of life.
- Assures that the rights of all patients are respected and maintained by allowing for privacy and dignity in the provision of care.
- Determines the presence and type of Advance Directive, if applicable. The LVN ensures patient and/or family involvement in the decision-making process as it relates to patient care, end of life and ethical issues. The LVN is aware of the reporting responsibilities and reports suspected cases of abuse or neglect relative to the adult through geriatric patient population as appropriate.
- Participates in the identification of patient/family educational needs and providing individualized teaching which considers the functional/developmental age and the needs of the adult through geriatric patient population. The LVN monitors and documents the effectiveness of the patient/family teaching through determination of their comprehension of the instruction and demonstration of appropriate responses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific care, including but not limited to, identifying the need for additional safety measures, physiological normal values/readings; and assessing skin integrity, behavior, motor skills and/or activities that place patients at risk as well as communicates effectively in a clear, concise, understandable manner. Applicable for the populations checked below. Infant ( ) Pediatric ( ) Adult ( x ) Geriatric ( x )
- Participates in a case management approach, the LVN coordinates and collaboratively incorporates the aspect of patient care across the continuum by effectively communicating with physicians, staff and other disciplines.
- Practices Universal Precautions.
- Demonstrates competence in equipment operations when relieving or assigned as a Monitor Technician.
- Graduate of a Vocational Nursing Program
- Completion of Basic EKG course
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum one year recent experience in an acute care setting preferred
Required Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation:
- Current California LVN license
- BLS card
- Fire Card
Disclaimer, Compliance and Service Language:
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
COMPLIANCE & INTEGRITY: Consistently supports compliance and the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's Code of Conduct by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements (if applicable), and Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center's policies and procedures.
Models and reinforces ethical behavior in self and others in accordance to the Code of Conduct; adheres to organizational policies and guidelines; supports compliance initiatives; maintains confidences; admits mistakes; conducts business with honesty; shows consistency in words and actions; follows through on commitments. All Directors, Managers and Supervisors are accountable for communication, implementation, enforcement, monitoring and oversight of compliance policies and practices in their departments.
SERVICE & QUALITY: In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our patients, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
WORKPLACE SAFETY: In addition to defined working conditions and physical requirements, employees are accountable for working safely; following established policies & procedures; utilizing all designated protective personal equipment (PPE) and/or safety equipment assigned for task; and reporting all injuries and hazards to their supervisor immediately. Supervisors and Managers are accountable for ensuring the safety performance of employees; applying consistent practices in compliance with federal, state and local regulations; providing guidance to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.