This market-leading national organisation is recruiting for a mobile mechanic in the Dartford area.
You will be working on a field basis - paid from the time you leave home each day until the time you return, across a small number of customer sites maintaining their HGVs and trailers. A company van is provided alongside great earning potential of up to £70k p.a.
- Service, maintain and repair customer fleets of HGVs and/or Trailers, depending on your skill set.
- Build strong relationships with your customers whilst attending their sites regularly, always delivering a high standard of customer service
- Complete the jobs that have been pre-loaded to your mobile tablet each day for you. This is mostly scheduled work across regular customers - not breakdown/roadside work
- Manage the supply of parts stocked in your van, ordering replacement stock through the company's system as necessary to ensure common parts are readily available.
- Working days, Monday to Friday.
- Basic salary is between £39-44k depending on experience and qualifications, overtime is voluntary, paid at time and a half, and readily available - many of their technicians earn £60-70k pa.
The mobile mechanic should:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician, HGV technician or trailer mechanic with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs or Trailers
- We are especially interested in speaking with double-deck trailer trained or experienced candidates
- Previous experience of working as a mobile technician or mobile mechanic is not essential, the company offer a good induction programme and support on learning their systems and procedures.
- Ideally have a class 1 (CE) HGV driving licence although we'd love to speak to candidates with experience and a standard driving licence.
- A large national organisation who are very profitable and growing consistently
- Very stable organisation who are growing their mobile fleet due to sustained ongoing client demand and additional contract wins
- An award-winning employer who offer a stable, long-term career to their mobile mechanics with excellent career prospects, ongoing manufacturer training, all PPE provided, a stocked company van, and outstanding earning potential
- Give great support to their field-based HGV and trailer technicians with a fleet engineer based in each region and a large network of other mobile technicians to go to for advice as necessary
Please click the link to apply!