- Independently complete all tasks required by supervision, in the allocated time, to demonstrate that the structure design meets its strength and stiffness requirements.
- Participating in team discussions / reviews to achieve an efficient design.
- Further appreciation of relevant design drivers and associated manufacturing issues.
- Assisting lead stress engineer on projects.
- Work within analysis team to justify the design.
- Presenting and substantiating their solutions to their Lead Engineer.
- Regular internal-only customer contact and technical presentation.
- Supervise assistant/graduate engineers on specific tasks.
- Occasional technical presentation to external Customers.
- To identify all strength and stiffness requirements and ensure that they are valid.
- To perform all structural analysis necessary to ensure that all strength and stiffness requirements are met with a minimum mass design.
- To ensure that the design incorporates all features necessary to meet the strength and stiffness requirements.
- To provide a detailed definition of all structural testing required to verify that the strength and stiffness requirements are met.
- To monitor these tests and write a test assessment report that demonstrates that requirements have been met and that the pre-test
- analysis was of sufficient accuracy.
- Write clear and concise strength summary reports demonstrating adequate strength margins for all significant possible modes of failure.
- Write other associated analysis documentation.
- Provide design support to manufacture to ensure that strength and stiffness requirements are met for all non-conformances to design with appropriate corrective action.
- To present strength and stiffness analyses and test requirements and assessments at formal design reviews.
- Typically 5 years' relevant experience.
- Proficient in using external and internal software tools.
- To have a good understanding of analysis techniques and methods for light weight structures strength and stiffness prediction. These will include classical hand analysis and computer techniques including the use of finite element analysis and pre/post processing software.
- Appreciation of real costs involved in the various methods and tools used.
Guidant Global (Jobscience) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.