Full-Time 350 7th St North Nursing Day * $10,000 Sign On Bonus * Job Summary: * The Registered Nurse Operating Room independently plans, implements, and evaluated nursing care in patient care situations using standards of care and policy and procedure. Provides direct nursing care to patients. Assumes teaching and leadership responsibilities. Participates in unit committee and quality improvement activities. Needs minimal supervision. * Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
Is able to locate and document medical and nursing patient care information in the electronic or paper medical record.
* Utilizes appropriate interview techniques to obtain history within the time frame of unit policy and provides appropriate intervention.
* Identifies standards of care common to patient population, i.e. age specific, barriers to learning.
* Delivers patient care and treatment using problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills.
* Demonstrates knowledge of medication dosages for patient population served. Administers medication safely and accurately, and utilizes available resources when questions arise.
* Evaluates outcomes of care to determine if patient needs were met.
* Chart forms are completed fully; no blanks left and are legible.
* Provides feedback regarding problems and complaints, and offers constructive suggestions. Uses chain-of-command for problem-solving and conflict resolution.
* Completes care assignments in a reasonable amount of time.
* Reports to oncoming shift the care that should be provided and/or needs that have yet to be addressed.
* Follows hospital standards related to Kronos system.
* Accepts responsibility for own learning needs. Attends courses and in-services offered. Maintains clinical skills specifically required on unit. Maintains knowledge of current policies.
* Attentive to assignment activities and anticipates the needs of the surgeon and team members.
* Serves as a preceptor for new employees, coworkers and students and evaluates their performance by validating clinical and technical skills and interpersonal interactions.
* Maintains communication with patient family/significant other as patient progresses through continuum of care.
* Taking on call will be required.
* Education, Experience, Qualifications:
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) in the State of Florida.
* One year of recent OR experience is required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS Provider) certification required from American Heart Association.
* Intermediate computer knowledge: Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows