Marketade, a boutique user research agency, is seeking a few remote freelance UX researchers to support client projects on a periodic basis.
Through innovative user research and workshops, we help top organizations like McDonald’s, GEICO, March of Dimes, Herman Miller, and the UN create great customer experiences.
Looking for a full-time position? We currently have openings for a and a .
- Freelance contractor (1099) position
- All work can be done remotely
- Mid-level and senior-level researchers preferred
- We typically pay based on your hourly rate though we're open to fixed-fee engagements or other structures
- For most projects, we need freelancers based in the US or Canada, though our international work is growing and we welcome applicants from all parts of the world.
- Most of our projects focus on qualitative research, though we often get requests for quantitative work and we'd love to have at least one freelancer with strong quant skills.
- Our most common project is usability testing of a website, app or software. Other common projects and methods: personas and journey mapping, UX audits, content testing, and IA research.
- A typical freelance engagement might last 2 months with 10-20 hours of work per week.
OUR IDEAL FREELANCER
- 3+ years of professional experience in user experience research or a closely related field
- Loves working collaboratively with a team, but also does great work independently
- Strong written communication skills and comfortable interacting directly with our clients
- Bonus points if you have experience facilitating workshops for diverse stakeholders
Here are a couple of examples of projects where we might seek freelancer help, along with an overview of your role:
- Usability testing of an online banking flow: Collaborate with one of our researchers on the test plan and discussion guide; help to recruit 8 participants for qualitative sessions; moderate the sessions; analyze the data; write a report with findings and recommendations.
- Personas for a national nonprofit: Collaborate with our researcher and client to design the research; help to recruit 10 participants for in-depth interviews; moderate/observe the sessions; help to facilitate a 1-day remote workshop with the client to generate research-based personas; write a summary report.
Interested? Please complete our job application. No cover letters please.
Powered by JazzHR