RIGGER: Gulf of Mexico Platforms- Offshore
Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material on construction project. Work locations may vary (offshore).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have Advanced Rigger NCCER
- Selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
- Gives directions to Bridge-or-gantry-crane Operator or Hoisting Engineer engaged in hoisting and moving loads to insure safety of workers and material handled, using hand signals, loudspeaker, or telephone.
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using handtools and power wrenches.
- Splices rope and wire cables to make or repair slings and tackle.
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment into ships and be designated Machinery Erector.
- When hoisting and moving construction machinery onto truck beds, may be designated Machine Mover.
- Workers should be able to:
- Direct or plan an activity; Attain set limits or standards;
- Do simple arithmetic accurately; and make decisions based on measurable standards.
- Physically, workers must be able to: See well (naturally or with correction);
- Climb and/or maintain balance; Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; Reach for, handle, and manipulate objects;
- Lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds or more, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more; and work at heights.
Powered by JazzHR