Stellar Solutions is seeking a Ground Segment Engineer to provide support for a government customer in the areas of space systems Tracking, Transport and Ground segments.
The role of team is to ensure the segments operate in unison to support mission scenarios and experiments, specifically: the Ground Segment Elements function as an integrated entity providing telemetry, tracking and commanding (TT&C), mission data uplink/downlink, mission planning and payload tasking, constellation operations, and network management in support of on-orbit demonstrations; System, cross-Segment, and external dependencies and interfaces are understood, documented, and managed; Systems engineering support is provided to system-level and segment level systems engineering activities so that they have support beyond what is provided by the space vehicle (SV) and ground contracts; and Gaps in support for launch operations, mission operations, security, information technology (IT), and other areas have a means for closure.
The successful Ground Systems Engineer will support the Ground Segment Team on a new program focused on systems engineering and integration of new Space Domain architecture.
Tasks include assessing the capabilities planned for the satellite vehicle Tracking and Transport segments, and how these interact with the ground architecture. The Systems Engineer will support development of an implementation plan to ensure compatibility and interoperability of the combined system.
The ideal candidate will have experience integrating space systems with ground mission systems, and experience with OPIR, operations planning for satellite constellation with inter-satellite links, network management, tactical data links (Link-16 and IBS) mission planning, and the DoD elements already conducting critical warfighter missions.
The selected candidate will support further development of the Ground system in the following ways:
- Support efforts to perform System-level requirements development, requirements flow-down, interface design, integration, and verification
- Work with the Ground Segment, Ground Segment partner and vendor engineers to develop solutions incorporating the requirements of space vehicle satellite segments and externals such as:
- Custody algorithm hosting
- Link-16 and IBS message generation, encapsulation, and routing
- Ground segment interface into a mission data processing enterprise
- External interface management
- Payload planning, scheduling, and tasking
- Determine where gaps exist and perform trades to determine options including potentially performing or subcontracting for the work
- Support development of a detailed Mission Operations Integration Plan in coordination with mission stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders (Segments, Users, Partners) to define operational details, lower-level use cases, requirements, interfaces, and mission threads.
- Evaluate the demonstrations, simulations, and testing required to demonstrate mission capability and document the interfaces, internal and external operations and resources required to successfully accomplish them
- Provide input to Systems Architects to develop architectural and technical schematics showing interactions (e.g., operational functions, data, physical connections, and timing) among the segments and their various elements
- Support Risk reduction activities and end-to-end demonstration plans coordinated with the Transport Segment and elements
- Provide data to support information mapping mission capabilities to System and Segment requirements and verification activities
- Experience required supporting similar Space Domain architectures
- Requirements management experience and experience writing system level requirements, allocating requirements to segments, performing trace assessment of implementation-level requirements to system requirements, and supporting verification & validation activities
- Space systems experience with specific experience supporting ground systems, ground architecture, and experience with Mission Management, Constellation Management, and/or Network Management software
- Ability to travel as needed to Government sites, Ground sites and development contractor locations
- Requires TS Clearance with SCI eligibility
COVID Vaccine Required - Reasonable Accommodations for Medical or Religious Reasons Considered