Looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Then you may have found your next career move. We’re looking for a Fiber Splicer to join our team and help connect America. You will perform the duties as a fiber splicer as a part of the construction of telecommunications outside plant to ensure scope of work performed is within standards required by customer.
What you’ll do…
- You will, with guidance, splice overhead, underground or submarine multiple conductor cables.
- You will, climb utility poles or towers, utilizes truck mounted lift-bucket or descends into underground vaults.
- You will cut sheath from installed cable to gain access to defective cable connections.as well as cuts and peels sheath and insulation from newly installed cable and conductors.
- You will Test (traces or phase out) each conductor to identify corresponding conductors in adjoining cables, using test lamp or bell system.
- You will read and interpret (i.e. mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints diagrams, etc.
Who we are looking for…
- You will have 0-1 or more years experience as a fiber splicer with experience on outside plant or system installations while working from blueprints, specifications, and system documentation
- You will have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You are able to lift up to 80 lbs
What you’ll get…
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Who we are...
We are a company united in our vision of connecting America. Our culture is grounded in and shaped by our values. These values act as our behavioral compass and guide how we interact with each other, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Across our teams, we strive to treat each other with respect, value different perspectives and experiences, keep our and others’ safety top of mind, and uphold the highest ethical standards.
Our company supplies the single most critical resource telecom service providers need: skilled people. We serve the nation from more than 500 field offices and are unparalleled in scope and scale.
Our talented workforce of over 15,000 employees provides a wide array of specialty services including construction, engineering, underground facility locating, fulfillment, and program management. We provide opportunities for our people to learn and develop the skills and knowledge to be successful in their current role as well as to prepare them for future growth within the company. Join us!
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. ()
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.