Pauley Construction has a great opportunity available! We are currently seeking an experienced Fiber & Copper Splicer to report out of our Durango, Colorado location. This is for long-term continuous employment. We are offering top competitive wages to the right applicants. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience splicing and placing both copper and fiber cable as well as troubleshooting both as required. This is a full-time; benefits eligible position that also includes a company matching 401K. Please apply directly on our website at http://www.pauleyc.com. Come grow with us at Pauley Construction!
The Fiber & Copper Splicer position includes various physical requirements and ability to distinguish all colors used in telephone cable; ability to work aloft from ladders, platforms, poles (with climbers); and bucket trucks. Applicants must possess the ability to lift, carry, set up and secure 28 foot ladder; the ability to load/transfer standard nitrogen cylinders. Position requires heavy lifting, pulling, placing, and digging. Work schedules are typically 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, or could be required to perform stand by duties or on call work assignments. The ideal candidate for this position should have experience working in and around manholes and handholes.
We work on large cable transfers, paper cable, pic cable, maintenance, road moves and more. We work on all cables sizes, types and environments. We work regularly on DS0 and DS1 circuits, Adtran and Calix test and turn-up and more. Pauley values craftsmanship and reliability very highly. We offer constant on-the-job training opportunities that challenge complexity and skill – making you a stronger more capable splicer.
We strive for satisfactory customer service by performing such duties as: cable maintenance, installation, removal, rearrangement and maintenance of single line and associated telecom/apparatus equipment, including cross connections to switching equipment and single-line and multichannel subscriber carrier.
The Fiber & Copper Splicing position will be expected to work on, splice, replace, troubleshoot and place both copper and fiber wire as needed.
- Splicing fiber and copper cable for large cable transfers
- Cable maintanence
- Adtran and Calix testing and turn-up
- Light labor including lifting manhole covers and barricading open manholes
- Connection testing
- Working with ISP/OSP terminations
- Working in, from and around hand-holes and manholes
- 2 or more years of fiber and copper splicing experience
- Knowledge of hot cuts and solid OTDR testing
- Ribbon splicing knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of local cable facilities and fiber networks
- Experience in Outside Plant telecom functions
- Experience in how to read and interpret outside and subscriber plant facility records and engineering schematic work prints
- Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC theory
- Working knowledge of analog and digital transmission
- Experience in splicing fiber optics, copper cable (various splice connectors)
- Working knowledge of direct termination of fiber-optic connectors including mechanical, anaerobic, epoxy polish, heat cured as well as pigtail splicing methods
- Knowledge of bonding and grounding requirements of telecommunications plant
- Working knowledge of ISP/OSP fiber optics terminations in splicing products in regards to appropriate application
- Must be able to travel overnight as necessary to meet business and job requirements
- Assist other technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested
- Ability to work with paper/pulp splicing, tagging and restoration
- Ability to distinguish between different cable types (i.e., telecommunication, electrical, fiber, CATV, etc.)
- Ability to build cable records, cut sheets and as-builts
- Working knowledge of various test (Sidekick, 965 meter, DSP’s Exfo digital meter, Throw-master, OTDR’s
Advanced Crew Leader Level
- Extensive experience with fiber and copper splicing and placement
- Knowledgeable on all test equipment used to identify and locate optical and copper faults (OTDR/VFL and power meter operation)
- Knowledge of and connect bulkheads, splice trays, organizers, furcation kits and storage units
- Ability to maintain and repair entire telephone loop/facilities
- Ability to build span lines, install repeaters and perform tagging and testing functions on cable pairs to meet HDSL requirements
- Ability to understand various electronic fiber mux and equipment
- Proficient at working in aerial and buried outside plant environment
The Fiber & Copper Splicing position pays an hourly wage of $27.00 - $30.00 per hour depending upon experience.
Pauley Construction is a regional contractor providing infrastructure solutions for the installation and maintenance of utility systems further offering regional contracting services throughout the West United States, specializing in full turnkey services for the design, installation and maintenance of utility infrastructure. Pauley has a highly skilled, diversified workforce that allows the flexibility to choose the most cost-effective and least disruptive placement methods. Our experienced and knowledgeable employees have helped us become a respected name in the utility construction industry.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Pauley has served its customers located across many of the major Western markets, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Wyoming. Founded in 1991, Pauley is dedicated to meeting and exceeding its customer needs by adopting new technologies and providing superior customer service. From deep-ditch excavation, hand-digs, aerial construction to technical services including fiber and copper splicing, Pauley will get the job done right while guaranteeing on-time delivery.
Pauley Construction offers the following benefits to eligible employees and their dependents:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurances
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurances
- 401k option with match
- Stock purchase option
- Flexible Spending Account option
- Legal Insurance
- Employer discounts at a wide variety of retailers
- Critical Illness Insurance
Pauley Construction, LLC; as well as the position of Fiber & Copper Splicer, are safety sensitive ***Applications can be submitted online by going to ***
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.