Visit our website at to apply!
Bering Global Solutions, LLC (BGS), a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Armorer Team Lead for Aberdeen Proving Grounds. The ideal candidate will provide mission critical communications, infrastructure upgrade and improve property management processes across the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Job is performed in a warehouse setting with exposure to various temperatures, material handling equipment, shipping boxes and freight, pallets, etc.
- Use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system is required.
- Maintains Sub-Hand Receipt, DA Form 2062’s and DA Form 3161’s from directorates ensuring all equipment is properly accounted IAW Regulatory guidance. Monitors Hand receipts for shortages and excess throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of Army and local regulations, SOPs, procedures and instructions applicable to the operations of an Arms Storage Facility.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will provide mission critical communications, infrastructure upgrade and improve property management processes across the program
- Required One (1) year of warehouse, fulfillment center, or distribution center experience; or at least 30 college credit hours.
- The armorer MAY be required to come in six to ten times per month outside normal duty hours to support range missions. The armorer may also be required to work late nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Critical attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Open and close the arms storage facility and operate the intrusion detection system in accordance with Army Regulations, local policies Fort Sill Regulations, and SOPs.
- Conduct a visual, (by count), inventory each time the arms storage facility is opened for operations and maintenance, when a change of custody occurs, and each time the arms room is closed IAW local regulations.
- Responsible for inspecting weapons for cleanliness and serviceability upon return from user. Responsible for evacuating all unserviceable weapons to the next higher level for repairs.
- The armorer will be required to master a variety of support platforms such as SMARTRAC, TRIMS, and maintain familiarity with GFEBS, GCSS-Army, and other local maintenance programs.
- Forklift Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires regular walking, standing, bending, and carrying of items weighing up to 50 pounds, such as weapons, papers, books, cleaning materials and small sensitive items stored in the arms storage facility and unit supply room. Two person lifts may exceed 50 pounds.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to federal or company requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing. Details to be provided by the hiring manager. Employees are expected to comply with all current and future federal and company requirements.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in a warehouse setting with exposure to various temperatures, material handling equipment, shipping boxes and freight, pallets, etc. Use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system is required. Safety shoes and protection mandatory.
- Exercises personnel management responsibilities over the employees supervised; develops performance standards and evaluates performance; determines training needs, makes arrangements for any needed training; hears and resolves employee complaints, takes disciplinary measures, such as warnings or reprimands, etc. as required.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, set priorities and schedules work, based on the capabilities of the employees. Schedules work hours, approves leave, verifies weapon draw and ensures employees know when to have the arms room opened and/or closed for day-to day operations.
- Schedules and ensures that the on-call armorer's are aware of the schedules based on individual leaves and other mitigating factors.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.