LifeLinc Anesthesia is currently seeking a skilled Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) for an exciting opportunity providing high quality, cost-effective anesthesia care in an autonomous, but collaborative clinical environment. Come practice at the top of your license and join a team committed to leadership in anesthesia care.
Immediate PRN opportunities available in the following Colorado cities:
Professional Liability will be covered by LifeLinc.
LifeLinc Anesthesia has emerged as one of the top, comprehensive anesthesia management providers in the country. Since 2003, LifeLinc has centered its mission on "Changing the Status Quo" of healthcare through innovative solutions and excellent clinical quality. We recognize that an exceptional anesthesia team enhances patient safety and experience. This is why we enable our providers to serve as leaders in the perioperative setting, maximizing their potential and fostering long-term employment relationships. Come join a team committed to provider growth and continuing innovation in anesthesia!
The CRNA scope of practice includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Performing and documenting a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient, including requesting consultations and diagnostic studies; selecting, obtaining, ordering, or administering pre-anesthetic medications and fluids; and obtaining informed consent for anesthesia.
- The day to day responsibility of the CRNA for this position will be to perform conscious sedation/MAC anesthesia on outpatient and inpatient cases.
- Managing a patient's airway.
- Managing emergence and recovery from anesthesia.
- Releasing or discharging patients from a post-anesthesia care area, and providing post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care related to anesthesia side effects or complications.
- Responding to emergency situations by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Additional nurse anesthesia responsibilities which are within the expertise of the individual CRNA.
In addition to his/her routine clinical duties as a staff Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), he/she is responsible for all quality initiatives and proactively and collaboratively promotes high quality, cost-effective anesthetic care by leading interactions with hospital medical staff and administration.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors, patients, patient's family and other employees of organization.
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures and adheres to strict confidentiality when handling patient information, according to the HIPAA Privacy Act and hospital policy and procedure regarding confidentiality.
- Complies with all information security practices.
- Takes annual HIPAA compliance exam.
Education and experience equivalent to:
The Nurse Anesthetist shall be a Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the AANA Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor. The CRNA will have successfully completed the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) Council on Certification or its predecessor's.
- At least two years of independent experience
- ACLS/BLS/PALS certification