Who is Chinook?
Chinook works with key building stakeholders to make their facilities secure, compliant, and efficient. We assess, quantify, and prioritize their needs, and systematically implement change to optimize operations. Our work results in better building performance, ease of maintenance, and reduced energy use and utility costs to realize cost savings in both new and existing facilities. We ensure systems and equipment are designed, constructed, and operating in accordance with the owner's project requirements, and maintain compliance with codes, standards, regulations, and industry best practices. We lower operational risk exposure and implement proactive cybersecurity measures to protect Operational Technology and reduce a client's threat landscape.
Looking for challenging and rewarding work alongside some the best in the business? Energized by finding new solutions and technologies that benefit your clients, improve efficiency, and make buildings and the environment better? Eager to work in a setting where you can make a difference, be involved from strategy through implementation, and can see your ideas come to life? Do you thrive in an environment where initiative is rewarded with opportunity? If your answer to these questions was a “Yes” then Chinook may be the right fit for you.
And a few more things -- are you flexible in your work schedule and work location? Our work allows for some work from home, but it also requires us to be hands-on for our clients when and where they need us. Are you up for a little adventure? Chinook performs work in some interesting places well worth visiting, and you might want in on that.
- Delivery quality via creating, adjusting and maintaining the project schedule using experience and best in class PM tools.
- Be responsible for all aspects of on site delivery of installations, retro-fits, upgrades, modifications and other facility optimization projects.
- Be the go-to person on site to interface with the client and solve technical, logistical, and coordination issues.
- Maintain and improve client relationships by leveraging engineering disciplines, staff resources and partners to keep projects on track and focused on client goals.
- Identify and develop solutions for HVAC, BAS, Electrical, Security and Life Safety systems .
- Update programming on graphics displays, and other cool human interactions on control systems
- Ensure subcontractors, sub-consultants and vendors have the information and guidance they need to deliver services and products that meet Chinook's quality standards.
Here's what you need:
- A demonstrated record of experience (5+ years) coordinating, planning, and executing Facility Systems upgrades in one or more of the following disciplines: HVAC, Electrical, Lighting, BAS/Controls, Piping/Plumbing, Fire/Life Safety, Communications/IT, or Architectural/Structural.
- Understanding (2 + years) of field installation, maintenance of BAS systems such as Metasys™, DisTech™ or Niagara™ or similar building automation system
- Skill with project scheduling tools and processes such as – MS Project, Excel, Primavera, ProCore etc.
- Experience (2+ years) working directly with construction documents and controls i.e. RFI's change orders, estimates, scopes of work, submittals, and specifications
Bonus points if:
- You have an OSHA 30 hour certificate
- You have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, or another related discipline or 2 year associates degree in HVAC, Electrical, Controls, Construction Management or Architectural technologies.
The range of starting pay for this role is $74,800 - $117,400 based on your ability and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Chinook Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against anyone because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
Chinook is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment must be US citizens and be able to pass security screens, up to Top Secret level, due to the nature of who we work for.
Applicants must be able to work a full day on a project site, combined sitting, standing, walking, and in front of the monitor. We can guarantee you won't be bored!
Applicants must be able to stand, climb ladders, stairs, and get to wherever the problem is so you can see it for yourself.