The Plumber is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. This is a union position therefore the pay and benefits will come through at the union rates.
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials
- Identify required tools and special equipment
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Install, repair underground storm sanitary and water piping systems
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliances and trim
- Test pipe systems and fixtures for leak
- Apply all codes to installations, repairs and maintenance
- Ensure all requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixtures are met
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes
- Ensure all installations and repairs meet environmental protection requirements
- Perform other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- State of Wisconsin Journeyman License Required
- Leadership skills
- Good analytical and problem solving, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively within team environment.
- Valid Driver's License.
Description of physical working environment:
- Physically demanding position. Majority of work requires continuous standing and walking in shop. Requires lifting materials up to 75 pounds on a regular basis and frequent twisting, bending and turning.
- Works on field construction site in all kinds of weather.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps on site is required.
Hooper is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. This company considers candidates regardless of age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.