Pediatrician, Job, UChicago Medicine Medical Group
Join a patient centered collegial, supportive, and friendly team whose mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient’s dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine Medical Group takes pride in supporting motivated providers in delivering outstanding care in the community.
UChicago Medicine Medical Group seeks an exceptional Pediatrician for our outpatient practice in Homewood, Illinois.
Pediatrician Physician Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment for a specified pediatric patient population
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion and/or education programs
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Medical License in Illinois
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty
- 3-5 years of experience is preferred
- Completed a US Residency Program
- Pediatric practice - 100% outpatient
- Competitive compensation package, including a 2-year base guarantee with upside
- Exceptional benefits – Medical, dental, retirement, time off, and CME allowance
- Monday-Friday practice including one evening per week and one Saturday morning per month
About UChicago Medicine Medical Group
- UChicago Medicine Medical Group is aligned with The University of Chicago Medicine. With a history dating to 1927, the University of Chicago Medicine is a not-for-profit academic health system with hospitals, outpatient clinics and physician practices throughout Chicago and the suburbs
- UChicago Medicine Medical Group is growing rapidly, to bring the forefront of medicine to communities throughout Chicagoland
- We support physicians in providing outstanding care in the community
- UChicago Medicine Medical Group's outpatient facilities are conveniently located throughout Chicago and surrounding suburbs
Interested candidates please contact:
UChicago Medicine Medical Group is comprised of UCM Care Network Medical Group, Inc. and Primary Healthcare Associates, S.C. UChicago Medicine Medical Group providers are not employees or agents of The University of Chicago Medical Center, The University of Chicago or UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial.
Must comply with UCMC’s COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
UCM Care Network is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.