Weston & Sampson is currently seeking a Team Leader with 15 years of experience in our Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC office. The Team Leader will be responsible for developing and leading a team of project managers, engineers, and support staff to meet client deliverables, working in collaboration with multiple water and wastewater team members in South Carolina as well as our corporate headquarters in Massachusetts.
What you’ll do:
- Pursue new work opportunities through established client relationships and market sector awareness.
- Participate in competitive pursuits, including proposal development and interviews / presentations.
- Supervise and lead project teams in the development of engineering reports, studies, and designs, utilizing recognized industry standards and regulatory-compliant approaches.
- Supervise and lead project teams in the field evaluation and assessment of existing facilities, including collection systems and pumping stations.
- Assess opportunities and define project scope, schedule, and fee, as well as determine work procedures and staffing and subconsultant assignments.
- Support the procurement of construction services, including support and evaluation of public bidding, contract execution, and construction administration.
- Supervise, train, and mentor project managers and junior engineering staff.
- Participate in professional organizations and technical committees.
- Collaborate and build strong working relationships with internal multi-disciplinary teams
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental engineering, with preference for Masters’ degree.
- 15+ years of related civil engineering and production support experience and certification as a Professional Engineer in South Carolina, or with the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Experience with the planning, design, permitting and construction of significant municipal infrastructure projects such as, water transmission, distribution, rehabilitation and storage, wastewater collection, rehabilitation, SSES, and stormwater planning, design and construction administration and inspection.
- Possessing high ethical standards, committed to producing high quality deliverables, and a commitment to teamwork, respect, and integrity
- Particularly important are strong working relationships with local clients including entities in South Carolina.
- Exemplary communication skills, including the verbal, written, and public presentation domains.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Adept at interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, team leadership, and presentations.
- Active member of relevant industry associations.
- Some travel is required, must have a valid driver’s license
Innovative and reliable for more than a century, Weston & Sampson strives to make the world a better place through interdisciplinary design, engineering, and environmental services. An employee-owned company (ESOP) of more than 725 professionals, we are seeking talented technical and professional individuals to join our growing firm. Dedicated to improving quality of life for both our clients and our employees, we offer opportunities to collaborate on meaningful projects that transform the environment, with a team that respects and values your ideas. Weston & Sampson offers a flexible work environment, competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and dynamic career growth, in an equitable and welcoming corporate culture that embraces diverse perspectives and experiences and recognizes people for their contributions.
Your world is always changing, and so are we. Join us as we grow: