Brasfield & Gorrie is currently accepting applications for a Cement Mason. Below are the main responsibilities for this position.
(This description may not include all duties required of this position)
- Prepare and set concrete forms
- Mix concrete and cement
- Place and finish surfaces of poured concrete, such as columns, floors, walls, top walls, foundations, pans, walks, sidewalks, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools
- Align forms for concrete walls, beams, and floors; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints
- May point and patch concrete structures
- Position requires long periods of stooping, bending, and standing
- Must adhere to safety protocol, and work in a drug-free environment
- 3 years Industrial Construction Cement Mason experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and stand for extended periods
Start your career in a big way
No matter your starting point, when you join the Brasfield & Gorrie family, you open the door to a rewarding career at one of the most respected and dynamic companies in the industry. Here you decide your path and what you will make of your career—and your life.
We value everyone
At Brasfield & Gorrie, we see our purpose as building exceptional people, trusting relationships, great projects, and strong communities. Valuing everyone is essential to our purpose, so for us, valuing diversity and inclusion is more than a lofty company commitment; it’s a way of building relationships that helps us live our purpose in our daily work.
You’ll benefit from working at Brasfield & Gorrie
By offering a strong foundation of employee benefits, we ensure that you and your family have the tools and means to prosper. We’re proud to provide a competitive benefits and compensation package. Our employees have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), wellness programs, career development classes, and many more benefits. We’re proud to be ranked by both Top Workplaces and Best Places to Work in multiple cities!
About Brasfield & Gorrie
Founded in 1964, Brasfield & Gorrie is one of the nation’s largest privately held construction firms, providing general contracting, design-build, and construction management services for a wide variety of markets. We're skilled in construction best practices, including virtual design and construction, integrated project delivery, and Lean construction, but we're best known for our preconstruction and self-perform expertise and exceptional client service. Brasfield & Gorrie has 13 offices and more than 3,200 employees. Our 2020 revenues were $3.9 billion. Engineering News-Record ranks Brasfield & Gorrie 22nd among the nation’s “Top 400 Contractors” for 2021. Brasfield & Gorrie is ENR Southeast's 2021 Contractor of the Year.